I have formerly run RedHat 8.0 in X on a Celeron 300a (and only 128MB RAM)
without problems. In addition I had it running as CVS server, it ran an
instance of Tomcat (for developing purposes) and it also ran as Unreal
Tournament 2003 dedicated server. All in the same time. The Celeron system
responded MUCH better than the C3 system does now, thus my comparison with
the 60MHz Pentium CPU...

Regards,
Runar Bell