Mark Hutchinson wrote:

They changed to policy on this yesterday.  The 2 major number versions now comes
from Advanced server numbering.  As this is much slower, your RHCE will last
alot longer.

Which is even better news for those of us who were certed in the 6.2-7.2 days:

From the email I recieved:

All RHCEs earned on Red Hat Linux 7.3 or prior will be considered current until the release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS/ES/WS 4.

and since Enterprise is only on 2.1 right now, that means my 7.0 RHCE is gonna be good for a hella long time.

I was afraid I was going to have to talk my new boss into fronting the bill for another RHCE class...

Cheers
Jeff