I hope that somebody can help me.

I was experimenting with the shutdown command on
my system.  I entered shutdown 14:00 and left.  I
came back, and my system had not shutdown at
14:00.  I shutdown the system.

Now, when I boot, I can only login as root,
because it comes on with a message "system will
shutdown June 18 14:00:07" and won't let me login
under a my usual user account.

I tried shutdown -c, and it can't find a shutdown
process to turn off.  I tried ps, and it can't
find a shutdown process ID.  My assumption is that
there is a file somewhere containing the timed
shutdown information, but I don't know where that
would be.

Any assistance would be appreciated immensely.