On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 03:29, Ubaidul Khan wrote:
> Does anyone know if Redhat 9.0 will provide support of XFS (sgi's high
> performance file system)? I heard some talk of the new kernel (2.4.21)
> supporting XFS.

I don't see any mention of XFS in the ChangeLog for Linux 2.4.21.
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.4/testing/patch-2.4.21.log

When last I read about this issue, it seemed that XFS support would only
be merged in to the official kernel for Linux 2.6 and later, and Red Hat
didn't want to apply the patches to Linux 2.4.  I would conclude that
we'll see XFS in the first Red Hat release to use Linux 2.6 by default,
perhaps Red Hat 9.1 or 10, depending on what the next release is called.

You can get a CD image of an SGI-customized version of Red Hat 8 that
includes XFS support from here:
ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/Release-1.2/installer/

--
Michael Wardle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Adacel Technologies