On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 05:35, Michael Mansour wrote:
> I have to agree there, I find it really strange that
> XFS isn't fully native to the Red Hat installation,
> it's a really good filesystem and supported on all
> major distributions, except for Red Hat.
>
> I used to run Red Hat 7.3 with XFS (using the SGI
> ISO's I downloaded from the SGI site). The author of
> those ISO's had said the RH 7.3 XFS ISO release was
> the last he'll provide, that anyone wanting them for
> any Red Hat future releases should ask Red Hat to
> implement them by default in their distributions.
> After moving to Red Hat 8.0 I was surprised Red Hat
> didn't include the support natively.

JFYI, there are SGI/RH 8.0 ISOs (which is what I'm running on all my
PCs) available at both

http://linuxiso.org/

and from SGI themselves:

ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/Release-1.2/installer/

> Definately makes one wonder why there seems to be
> reluctance there...

Probably lack of resources, although given SGI's work (modifying the RH
installer to support XFS) you'd think that the resources would be
minimal.

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)