On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 07:36, Paul Greene wrote:
> Let me guess; you're the author of this website right?
>
> http://geraldholmes.freeyellow.com/
>
> brent nicholls wrote:
>
> > Ovi you are doing somthing wrong with windows!! I installed windows
> > and i only had to reboot once, and you dont have to reboot after
> > changing your screen rez you newb you set it up so it applys the
> > settings with out rebooting, if you dont like windows than you should
> > go with the open source joke called linux. I am a advit windows user
> > and will be for the rest of my life. No matter what you say you put a
> > sound, network card, and video card in xp turn on your xp box and it
> > finds all the drivers for you and you dont need to reboot, (found new
> > hardwared, ten seconds go by, your new hardware is ready to use) now
> > where did you reboot in that case goof.

It's rather obvious that -

1.) This person has never dealt with massive rollouts of Windows in a
corporate environment

2.) This person has never had to install/setup/configure Windows on more
than one machine at a time.

3.) This person cannot spell - hence he is most likely a Windows person
that depends heavily upon the spell-check functions of MS Word - oh wait
- sorry - if he was familiar with spell checking, then he would have
used it in Frontpage Express in the first place - so obviously this
person doesn't even know Windows all that much.

4.) This person is highly defensive of Windows - hence this person's
limited knowledge of OS's et. al. is far below that of someone that has
used more than two OS's - NOT stating versions of Windows as OS's.

5.) This person is highly defensive - hence he is protecting what little
knowledge or opinion he has in the first place.

6.) This person doesn't know the history of computers and networking -
that Microsoft came late in the game and the entire internet/networking
scheme was well in place and solid prior to the first version of NT -
and that *nix basically runs the internet and most major corporate
networks as they stand.

7.) That NT technology was built initially to be a "clone" of *nix - in
conjunction with OS/2 - so that there was a unified and easier means by
which to network.

8.) This person doesn't get laid very much.

> > The only reason why you knock windows is because it is the domoninat
> > operating system and you just cant afford it. So take your no job ass
> > and go and download Linux and go on a fake windows box...

Windows is dominant for the same reasons that AOL is dominant - sheer
and utter marketing. After reading the last paragraph, I keep thinking
that point number 8 applies heavily here.

Cheers!
--
Fri Mar 28 10:20:00 EST 2003
 10:20:00 up 6 days, 21:07,  3 users,  load average: 0.17, 0.15, 0.12
|            __    __          | kuhn media australia            |
|           / ,, /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com           |
|          .\__/ || |   |      |=================================|
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kuhn                    |
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808                 |
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389            |
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU   |
 linux user:267497 * MDK 9.1 * PC/Mac/Linux/Networking/Consulting
 machine no:194239 * RH 7.3 * Sales - Service - Support - Tutor
** This messages was composed on a 100% Microsoft free computer **

Fortune's Real-Life Courtroom Quote #18:

Q:  Are you married?