** Reply to message from "Richard S. Crawford" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Fri, 28 Mar 2003
10:07:13 -0800

> Forgive an amateur...
>
> When I'm at home, I work exclusively on my RH8.0 box, and I like to have
> X running so I can run applications like Evolution, Mozilla, and so on.
>
> When I'm on the road (which I am far too often for my job), I use a
> Windows XP laptop, and I log into my desktop computer remotely with SSH,
> and use Squirrelmail to check my personal e-mail.
<snip>

I gave up on remotely using X for mail reading a long time ago. Learn to use ssh and
then use fetchmail->procmail->mutt and you will be much happier as well as amazed at
the speed gain you will obtain. I still like eye-candy when I am at home :))

jb

--
Jack Bowling Prince George, BC mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]