Good Morning,

Sorry if this came twice, I forgot to change the format on the first one, so
I'm resending as plain text format.

Please forgive me if my question seems trivial.  I am trying to install
RedHat 8.0 Standard on a Dell Inspiron 5100 Laptop.  The laptop has a 60GB
hard drive with 512M of RAM.

I have used Partition Magic 8 to free up 18GB for RH.  I am also running
Windows XP.

I wanted to do custom partitions but keep receiving errors that my
partitions are not large enough.  Could someone please send some examples of
recommended partition sizes if I wanted to do a full complete install of
RH8?

I know the swap needs to be 512M since I have that much RAM, but what would
be the optimum sizes of /boot, /, /usr, /usr/local, /opt, /var, /home, /tmp,
etc.?

Respectfully,
Ava M. Martin
Information Assurance Analyst