I think that this should in fact make Redhat happy, it does end up saving them some bandwidth.

I am really learning to appreciate the business model that companies like Redhat and Mandrake (and others) are pursuing. On the one hand they make ISOs available freely. This helps and encourages your average Joe trying Linux, which I think is pivotal for Linux to succeed on the desktop. On the other hand, they also have a subscription model that is fairly reasonably priced and you do get your money's worth, along with the satisfaction of having supported your favourite distribution. I think that this really works out for the best for end users like me (versus corporate customers, which is a different ball game altogether).

Just my 2c worth.
- Chinmay.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I bet this is a little bitter sweet for Red Hat, while BitTorrent will
save them and the mirrors tremendous bandwidth, I bet they would prefer
that this came out next Monday when shrike is released to the public.

I wonder how companies like Red Hat feel about programs like BitTorrent
as a primary method of distribution?

I'm more interested in why this person posted as an Anonymous Coward,
what repercussions do you think could happen for posting this to the
list.  There is a lot of talk on there that I wouldn't like if I worked
for Red Hat, but since they are all for Freedom they put up with it.