Sorry ssh is what I want, you're right of course and that's what I
meant..however, this is what I get...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] twillis]$ ssh 10.5.1.7
Connection closed by 10.5.1.7
[EMAIL PROTECTED] twillis]$

Why?

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 12:55, Graham Leggett wrote:
> Tim Willis wrote:
>
> > Ok - I just finished installing RH8.0 on my Dell server, and am already
> > streaming wideo using RealServer (is there an Open Source
> > alternative?).  However, I can't remember what service to install/start
> > so that I can telnet to this server from my RH desktop.  I've installed
> > Webmin, but I also need the functionality of telnet.
>
> You don't want telnet, you want ssh instead. Telnet is insecure.
>
> Regards,
> Graham
> --

J. Tim Willis
“A Computer without Windows is like a chocolate cake without mustard.”
/"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign against HTML
\ /  email and proprietary format
 X   attachments.
/ \