You have to add a partition number to it "/dev/hdb1"

-----Original Message-----
From: * FireBlade007 * [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 3:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: mounting windows hd

hello guyz;

well i'll cut straight to the point ... :)

i'm what u call a linux n00b but i'm trying to understand how it works.. but

lately i've have been heving some probs .

I'm trying to mount my ntfs hard disk but with no luck .. do any of u guyz
now why ?

command : 'mount -t ntfs /dev/hdb /mount/hdb'
errormsg :  /dev/hdb not found ...

the hd i'm trying to mount is the second hd in my system(slave) with only 1
partion on it

i also tried 'fdisk -i /dev/hdb' but i'm getting the unknow command error .
can't be that linux doensn't know the fdisk command ... losta commands
aren't know here .. like modprobe/insmod .. what could be the caus of this ?

not even after a full install of RH 8.0 are these commands recognised..

any help will ne helpfull

greetz /me