On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Norma Thompson wrote:

> You guys are so far ahead of me, I only understand about .01 percent of what
> I read.  I'm 55 and always used DOS/Windows.  I have moaned about the loss
> of the ability to tweak my computer as I pleased ever since Windows came
> out.  I've never even used Unix before.  Do you suppose I'm biting off more
> than I can chew to try to learn such a DIFFERENT operating system at my age?
> I don't even have a clue about the nomenclature, even.

Ya know, all you need to know is how to do what you need to do today.
When tomorrow comes, you can learn that stuff then.  But just worry
about learning today's lesson.  My guess is that Linux will keep you
young.  My dad bought his first computer when he was 75, and he played
with it every day until he died at 80.  He loved it, and despite his
failing health, he enjoyed figuring it out and playing with it.  I
don't think age is any hindrance at all, realistically.

--
                       __   _
David S. Jackson      / /  (_)__  __ ____  __

            * * * CHOICE OF A GNU GENERATION * * *