U know..  personally, I am not familiar with REdHat scripts, but I would
re-run the network config tools....

I have heard the app setup mentioned a few times....   but I can;t
remember which GUI tools did it...

Find the network config, re-run it - preferrably the complete config...
not just the one card config...  let it reconfig the resolver order
(hosts, NIS, DNS) and the card config (dhcp, nameserver dhcp) etc.

Is what I would do...

   Rob Day