Sorry, I never read the mail properly! you have done this already.

:-(

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 13:20, Yanick Quirion wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a little problem when using linux redhat crontab. I want to run an Oracle SQL
> script using the oracle user. On the user, I use command crontab -e and add the
> line, for example:
>
> 0 12 * * * /home/oracle/SQL_Script/script1.ksh
>
> The script will run, but it will be start by user "root". When the job is completed,
> I will have a message from root. This causes me problem, because the user root is
> not able to connect to the oracle database without specified the "sys" password into
> the script.
>
> Hi have the similar script on my SUN Solaris. Under this platform, the script will
> be executed by user oracle and I will receive an e-mail from user Oracle, so I'm not
> obliged to type the "sys" password into my script.
>
> There is a way to force a cron job to run as the user who owns the job? I make some
> test with the command "at", and this one seems working fine, but I need a job to run
> each day, not just one time.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards
> -Yanick
>
> -----------
> Yanick Quirion
> Administrateur Réseau/Network Manager
> NEOKIMIA INC.
> Institut de Pharmacologie de Sherbrooke
> 3e étage (Édifice Z5)
> 3001 12e avenue Nord
> Sherbrooke, Québec
> CANADA
> J1H 5N4
>
> Tél.:    +1 819 820-6040
> Direct:  +1 819 820-6855
> Fax.:    +1 819 820-6841
>
> email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

E-mail is an informal method of communication and may be subject to data corruption,
interception and unauthorised amendment for which Digital Bridges Ltd will accept no
liability. Therefore, it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information
contained on e-mail without obtaining written confirmation.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or