nt> Here! Here!  I've gotten some pretty snippy responses of the RTFM or RTFS
nt> variety.  Would you believe it doesn't say in the FM or on the FS?  And I'm
nt> not joking.  That is exactly what was sent to me and it took me a while to
nt> figure out what that meant.

Well, I also am an old timer, 50+ but guess I am in a slightly
different catergory, since I have been using one version of another
of Unix for 20+ years now.
Starting out in Linux is really not all that hard with distributions
such as RedHat or Suse, however you will have to do some reading.
I suggest you get at least one good book on Linux, such as
'Linux in a Nutshell' which will at least list all the commands. Then
from there you WILL have to read the manpages and Howto's or even
purchase other books.
This is not as easy as Dos or Windows to get started, however in
the long run is a far superior O.S.

If you really get hung up on something give me a yell at the address
below and I'll be glad to help get you going again.

Good luck to you and do try it, you won't regret it even though you
may get discouraged at times.

--
Curtis Consulting
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]