hi,

i wonder if anyone knows of any scanner software for red hat linux
that will see my agfa snapscan (310?) scsi-2 scanner ?

i am currently using the isa adaptec 1505/a scsi card that came with the
scanner.

i wonder if anyone can recommend a cheap scsi card that will be red hat
linux 5.x
compatible and also be compatible with my current agfa scanner and also
other scsi
peripherals ?

i am considering an iomega zip/jazz drive and possibly a scsi dat drive,
(if anyone
has any comments or suggestions - could they please tell me ?) all
running off one scsi
card from my machine.

i have up until now been running micro$haft win 95 and thus been using
the very nice scanner software that came with the scanner. but recently
i decided to do away with dos/win95 and become
an intel-linux only user on my box.

does anyone also have any ideas on ocr under linux ?

my current system consists of:

ibm x686 p166+
supermicros p5ste motherboard (430hx chipset)
6.4 gig maxtor (ide) hard drive
3.5" floppy drive
24x speed ide panasonic cd rom
matrox millenium (pci) 4 meg
21"iiyama monitor
128 meg edo ram
awe 32 plug_n_pray sound card (isa)
33.6k us robotics sportster voice internal modem (isa)
adaptec scsi-2 isa card (1505/a) hooked upto:
agfa snapscan (310?) scanner (its a 300dpi flatbed a4 scanner)
keyboard and two button (9 pin d-type) micro$oft compatible mouse

red hat linux 5.0

the system isnt running windows or dos.

ok many thanks in advance.

matt.