> I cannot handle this gif file under Linux. If it is a text
> file, I can use diff to compare their changes.  I am just
> trying to find a way to compare two *.gif files.

I don't see how it could be done, other than a low level binary diff or
Unix 'cmp' function, which would, in the latter case, just tell you that
the two binary files are different. I think there are such things as
binary diff programs out there, but having them tell you that byte 1026 is
now a 7F instead of a 1E (and so forth) doesn't tell me much, other than
they're different.