> I need to let a Mac user have a couple of images in jpeg or other format.
> It will be used in FrameMaker 5. So if I read you correctly I can write
> these to a DOS floppy and he will be able to read it?

I believe so. The Mac can definitely read DOS floppies. My concern is if
the file gets changed in the process. Another post to this list seemed to
indicate that might be an issue.

I use Netatalk and FTP to do transfers via our LAN, and I'm not aware of
any translation which occurs in that process. I think a floppy transfer
would be the same. If not, you should be "binhex" (/usr/bin/binhex) the
file, put it on the floppy, then on the Mac side use the "Stuffit"
application to un-binhex the file. If the Stuffit application doesn't
un-binhex it, then you can find a version of binhex for the Mac on the
net, without much effort.

Still, try it straight to floppy first and I think you'll be okay.

If you're on a LAN with the Mac, look into Netatalk as your Mac user will
be able to access directories on your Linux box as if they were on another
Mac with File Sharing enabled. Its the same kind of thing as SAMBA, pretty
much.

Bruce Tong
Systems Programmer
Electronic Vision / FITNE