On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 02:08:11AM -0700, Scarletdown wrote:
> On 9 Jun 2003 at 18:34, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> <snippage>
> So now, I have a SuSE 6.1 install in progress on that system.  Picked up
> the SuSE package at Goodwill a couple days ago for a fiver, and figured
> that this would be a good time to try it out.  If I decide I like it, this will be
> the distro of choice for me for systems that give Red Hat problems
> (namely, any that have a 3C509b NIC, which I have never been able to
> get RH to recognize for some reason.)

Weird. I'm running my household LAN with nothing but 3C509b-tpo cards,
and they all work without a hitch.

I DID have trouble at work, though, with a 3C509b (not tpo) on RH9,
finally replaced it with a tpo card. Oddly, the same card worked
fine in the same machine with RH62.

--
---- Fred Smith -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -----------------------------
                        The Lord is like a strong tower.