Hi Jeff,

> > Sorry John, no it doesn't.  If you are on a DHCP assigned address then
you
> > should be relaying email through your ISP not directly out.
>
> Can you explain why a DHCP address shoud not do a direct SMTP connect
please?

> After all a direct smtp connect is faster and and the protocol was
> designed to allow it.

Because it is abused and there is no recourse for the recipient.

The fact is that 99% of email sent from DHCP addresses is SPAM!  If you want
to run a mailserver then do it properly!

The same way there are laws as to what you can drive on the roads in
whatever country you live in.  Why don't we all drive go karts as they would
be cheaper and the roads are designed to allow it :)

Regards,
| Peter Kiem            .^.   | E-Mail    : <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |
| Zordah IT             /V\   | Mobile    : +61 0414 724 766    |
|   IT Consultancy &  /(   )\ | WWW       : www.zordah.net      |
|   Internet Hosting   ^^-^^  | ICQ       : "Zordah" 866661     |