On 24-Jun-2003/09:15 -0400, Gerry Doris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>  8. Challenge all other mail.
>>
>> I understand 1-7. But what does 8 mean or do?
>>

>I think he means that anything that falls through 1-7 gets one of those
>dumb challenge messages.

I cannot vouch for the systems run by Earthlink, or any of the specialty
anti-spam companies, but my own system has been setup with the limitations
of those systems in mind. I have learned from the mistakes and
misadventures of others. I can (and do) quickly respond to any unforeseen
mishaps.

I have been running mail servers and mailing lists for a few years. My
email address is public and static, and I prefer that it remain so. I do
lots of things online, so I tend to get a lot of spam attempts. I have
good reason for avoiding systems which incur false positives and/or
require constant checking of a designated folder.

Other people have different requirements and/or use less well-designed
systems which might be described as "dumb" (or more properly, "stupid").

Tony
--
Anthony E. Greene <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
OpenPGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26  C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D