On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 10:09:31AM -0700, Bailo, John wrote:
> With all the alternatives in Linux, are there alternatives to X itself?

There is one project I know of: "The Berlin Consortium", which apperently
started over and is now called "Fresco". See: http://www.fresco.org/

It is under active development, albeit very slowly. Those guys have
been around for five years by now, but it's still rather unknown and
not yet ready for production use. Their goals sound very interesting,
though, and I hope they'll succeed in the end.

Cheerio,

Thomas