I know I'm waaaaaay behind the times here,....

I'm trying to figure out how to get quake (or quake II, either/both)
running on RH7.2.

So far all the binaries I've found are from 1998 and they don't seem
to work on the 2.4 kernel and glibc6. I can't even "ldd <filename>"
them, which tells me they're really ancient.

I can't find any modern builds on quake or quakeII, most of the links
I find on a google search either all have the same stuff, all point to
the same (few) download areas, or are dead (linuxquake.<xxx>, for example).

I've got an nvidia geforce-4 mx440 card, I'd think glquake could be made
to work there, but so far no go. I've just tried sdlquake and it is
unbearably slow. I thought sdl could use GL as a back-end, but either
this particular one doesn't, or else I don't have a clue how to set it
up.

Assistance anyone? Tks!

--
---- Fred Smith -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -----------------------------