Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On 3 Jul 2003, Daniel Dui wrote:

Here is my problem:

I have a RH9 box with two network cards. One network card connects to a
cable modem and the other to a hub. I would like to share the Internet
connection with other computers in the house.

I was hoping to find a "share connection" tick box somewhere in the
network configuration options, but I could not.

I had a look at various howtos, but they look much more complicated than
they should be. All I am trying to do is set up a little home network! I
am surprised that still there is not a simple and easy way to do a
simple and easy thing in RH9.

why are you making this so difficult?  why not have the cable modem
go to the hub, and let the hosts all plug into the hub?  that's what
we're doing here, and it's pretty easy.

Some cable companies (like mine) will only allow you one box (one ip) online...they'll charge you more for their "business plan" to have multiple boxes. So sharing the connection is the way to go.