Hi Ricky,

> Okay.  lilo.conf uses an initrd image for both the 2.4.9-34 kernel, as well as
> the 2.4.20-18.7 copy.

 You could check if the initrd for 2.4.20 actually loads the appropriate raid
modules (compare it with the contents of the old one).

 You should know the initrd.img is a gzipped file system image. To check its
contents do the following:
cp /boot/initrd.img /root/tmp/initrd.img.gz
gzip -d /root/tmp/initrd.img.gz
mount -o loop [-t ext2] /root/tmp/initrd.img /mnt/tmp

 Now you can check it's contents under /mnt/tmp. See if the file system
contains the appropriate modules, and whether they are actually loaded
(linuxrc).

> Really dumb question, but does the ordering of directives in lilo.conf
> matter?  This is what it looks like:

 Not really. Of course first put general options, but the order of entries
after each image line is irrelevant. I usually put label right after image,
but don't bother too much about the other entries.

Bye,
Leonard.

--
How clean is a war when you shoot around nukelar waste?
Stop the use of depleted uranium ammo!