I've never used apt before.
Is this really safe? For beginners especially I would say to stick with the updates
that up2date grabs or that you DL from the Red Hat updates ftp server.
But to each his own....

Mitch

Or
rpm -Uvh apt*.rpm
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get dist-upgrade

http://freshrpms.net/

--
Once you have their hardware. Never give it back.
(The First Rule of Hardware Acquisition)