Frank Bax wrote:
At 02:57 PM 7/17/03, Timothy Stone wrote:

Situation:
I have 600+ clients on Windows desktops. Each connects to a mainframe data application via IBM Personal Communications 3270 Terminal Emulation over telnet (ugh!).

It sounds like you want something like PuTTY, but that allows an X-application running on a linux box uses a windows client for display. I've never done it, but the PuTTY docs mention forwarding X applications:
http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0.53b/htmldoc/Chapter3.html#3.4

And if you're afraid of the actual installation of an X11 server (not a client) on the Windows terminals, you may be able to just run putty on the PC, and use the c3270 client on the Linux server.