On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 12:56:04PM -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> At 7/20/2003 14:51 -0400, you wrote:
> >This world-wide testing environment sounds very good in theory.  But what
> >happens of the program
> >being tested is a resource-intensive program?  Then my PC would naturally
> >run slower, because someone is testing there program in my protected area
> >of my CPU.
>
> It also only works with programs that require absolutely no interactivity
> and that do not involve any network traffic.

And only if you can ensure with absolutely certainty that the program
isn't going to do something evil to either your internal network,
system, or to the outside world.  And since by definition it has to
communicate its results with the outside world, you're trusting a
developer or the project leader you know nothing about.

Not on my system you don't.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA