Message: 6
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:28:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: Matthew Saltzman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Re: vsftpd dead but subsys locked

Are you sure that /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf has

        listen=YES
        tcp_wrappers=YES

?

I had a problem similar to yours when I upgraded from RH8's vsftpd to
RH9's.  That was the change necessary to get vsftpd to run as a daemon.

Yes I checked that and they are both set to yes and un commented.

I have since tried completely removing the FTP site, all files and directories, and removing vsftpd. Then I reinstalled vsftpd from the redhat discs and got the update.

The result is the same. vsftpd dead but subsys locked.

An interesting discovery that we have been overlooking is that when we connect to the ftp server we get it is anonymous only but also says it can not open the directory. I have checked the config file and allow_anonymous_user = NO.

Additionally I have heard back from Redhat and they said they are stumped and that we should try un installing and redoing the rpm. We did... didn't help.

This is really not good.

Mark