Morning everyone.
I was installing some perl modules today via perl -MCPAN when I ran into a problem.
I was getting all of these errors and such that were failing and the modules were not being installed.

After doing some research, I found out that there is a nice bug in the perl shipped with 9.0.
The fix was to change the following /etc/sysconfig/i18n
change the line LANG=
LANG="en_US"

Remove anything else after it, specifically, .UTF.

After I did that, things started to work. However, I am still having problems with one package:

Compress::Zlib

Here is the error I get when I try and install it:

make: *** [Zlib.o] Error 1
  /usr/bin/make  -- NOT OK
Running make test
  Can't test without successful make
Running make install
  make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

And this is the last package I need to install and I cant figure it out.
Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks.

Jason