Thanks for the rpm.However, it failed when I tried to install it. :/

Here are the last couple of lines of the install:

Zlib.c: In function `XS_Compress__Zlib__inflateStream_msg':
Zlib.c:1719: parse error before "s"
Zlib.c:1725: `s' undeclared (first use in this function)
Zlib.c:1725: called object is not a function
Zlib.xs: In function `boot_Compress__Zlib':
Zlib.xs:333: subscripted value is neither array nor pointer
make: *** [Zlib.o] Error 1

This is very frustrating. This is the last module I need and right now, im dead in the water. This really makes me want to drop back to 7.3

Anyone else have any ideas?

Jason

At 12:28 PM 7/29/2003 -0400, you wrote:
On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 12:21, Jason Williams wrote:
> Morning everyone.
> I was installing some perl modules today via perl -MCPAN when I ran into a
> problem.
> I was getting all of these errors and such that were failing and the
> modules were not being installed.
>
> After doing some research, I found out that there is a nice bug in the perl
> shipped with 9.0.
> The fix was to change the following /etc/sysconfig/i18n
> change the line LANG=
> LANG="en_US"
>
> Remove anything else after it, specifically, .UTF.
>
> After I did that, things started to work. However, I am still having
> problems with one package:
>
> Compress::Zlib
>
> Here is the error I get when I try and install it:
>
> make: *** [Zlib.o] Error 1
> /usr/bin/make -- NOT OK
> Running make test
> Can't test without successful make
> Running make install
> make had returned bad status, install seems impossible
>
> And this is the last package I need to install and I cant figure it out.
> Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

It won't solve your CPAN problem, but I always compile my modules
manually.  I just tested the following on my RH9 laptop, and it works
fine:

wget
http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/P/PM/PMQS/Compress-Zlib-1.22.tar.gz
tar zxf Compress-Zlib-1.22.tar.gz && \
cd Compress-Zlib-1.22 && \
perl Makefile.PL && make && sudo make install

Hope this helps.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting