Otto Haliburton wrote:

Yes, what you are wanting to do is doable, but remember that in general
you will not get support from Comcast for linux,

Yes, I'm aware of that. :-) I already have it working fine with Linux on my dual boot machine, it's just making the two private IP's work with the one static/public IP that I'm a little hazy on.

so if you can't get by
on your own I would do the reverse until you are up to speed on how the
network stuff works.

How do you mean "do the reverse?"

Also look into getting SAMBA to work and NFS etc.

Yes, I think I'm getting a grip on all that, though I may have questions when I get into it!

Thanks,
Lee