-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Sean Estabrooks
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2003 4:27 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Printing to an XP printer

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 00:57:01 -0500
"Bob" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Bob,

> My RH9 box can see the HP printer connected to an XP machine during
network
> printer configuration but when Linux tries to print the response is that
it
> cannot connect to the printer.

Make sure that after you create the printer you edit it and add "guest"
as the username.

> I tried setting up a guest account on the XP machine and using guest as
the
> user on the Linux box but that didn't help either.

Make sure you've __enabled__ the guest user in windows XP in the
User Accounts screen of control panel.

> Is there something else that needs to be configured on either the XP or
> Linux box to allow printing ?

Should pretty much just work but post again if you're still having troubles.

Cheers,
Sean