On 16:38 21 Aug 2003, Peram's List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| I appreciate your quick response.
| Is there any way I get the time taken for the execution of a script from
| the script itself instead of typing it at the command line.

Well, if you're still inside the script then the won't be "the time the
script took to execute", because the script's still running.

But you can do things like:

        start=`perl -e 'print time'`
        .... body of script here ...
        end=`perl -e 'print time'`
        echo "took `expr $end - $start` seconds"

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

People are paid for coming in the morning and leaving at night, and for
saying "Good morning" in the morning and "Good afternoon" in the afternoon
and never confusing the two.
        - Albert Shanker, president of the American Federation of Teachers