On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 18:01, Jason Williams wrote:
> Hi Jason
>
> I actually compiled from source...
>
> rpm2cpio/cpio....sounds fancy...how would somebody do that? Sounds cool. I
> could just pull something from the RPM?

First, do a package listing to see what the file is called:

rpm2cpio <package> | cpio -t | more
... or ...
rpm -qlp <package> | more

Next, pull the file from the package using a combination of rpm2cpio and
cpio.  Make sure to use the full path minus the leading slash:

rpm2cpio <package> | cpio -ivd path/to/my/file

Now, you have to do me a favor.  Stop top-posting.  :)

P.S.  Sorry for replying publicly, but I want to make sure others can
benefit from this explanation.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting