On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 11:46, Didier Casse wrote:
> VNC will provide remote access to the GUI for RH9. VNC can also run on
> Windows. So you don't have any problems if you want to access your Linux
> remotely from a Windows machine.

In my world, I simply cannot live without VNC in some form or another -
works on PC's (Windows/UNIX/Linux/BeOS/OS/2) and Mac's - just simply
cannot live without it.

Matter of fact, I'm using my RH9 box as my basic workstation whilst
VNC'ing into my Mandrake server's desktop to do email and IM'ing, the
wife's XP desktop to modify some graphics in Photoshop - and still
surfing for other tidbits locally - and as well - when I deal with
clients and customers, I generally have VNC already setup on their
machines for doing remote access/support...

So much nicer to be able to sit at your one comfortable desk and deal
with heaps of different boxen and heaps of different OS's without
changing your keyboard and mouse and monitor (or using a damn KVM
switch)...more cost effective as well...

--
Tue Aug 26 20:15:01 EST 2003
 20:15:01 up 1 day, 10:01,  1 user,  load average: 0.96, 0.79, 0.77