Cowles, Steve pravi:
Sasa Stupar wrote:

The thing is that I still want to be able to boot any of the systems
independently. This means I want to leave intact the MBR of each disk.

I use a slightly different approach to dual booting. Maybe it will work for
you.

I have linux installed on one hard drive with grub installed in MBR and W2K
installed on the other harddrive with its boot loader installed in MBR. If I
want to boot to linux, I set my systems BIOS boot order to "C-Drive". If I
want to boot to W2K, I set my systems BIOS boot order to "D-Drive". Works
great!

The keys to success (at least with my motherboard):

1) I installed each OS without knowledge of the other harddrive. i.e. I
removed the cables so the BIOS only saw one harddrive. Then after both OS's
were loaded...

2) Linux/grub harddrive cabled/jumpered as master on the primary IDE bus.

3) W2K harddrive cabled/jumpered as master on the secondary IDE bus.

4) Now go into BIOS and change boot order to C -or- D drive.

Note: Since Windows/W2K (in my case) does not understand the linux ext2/3
filesystem type , it will try to mount the linux harddrive at bootup and
cause some major disk thrashing while attempting to do so. To fix this
problem, I had to disable the linux harddrive in device manager.

Steve Cowles

This is how I have done it. But to avoid constantly changing in the BIOS I have made also a bootdiskette for linux.