I recently downloaded the updated kernel rpm and instead of doing rpm -i, i did rpm -U and replaced the existing kernel. I havent rebooted the machine yet so its still running the old kernel.

i have 2 questions:

1. is there some way i can get the old kernel back? I'm a little worried about rebooting in case the new kernel doesnt work for some reason.

2. the machine is a dual proc machine. But when i looked in /boot/ i did not see any smp .img file. Shouldnt there be one? There used to be one since lilo.conf has this:

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18-14smp
        label=linux
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.18-14smp.img
        read-only