Lorenzo Prince wrote:

Hi. I just bought a USB floppy drive to go in my laptop. It mounts the disks I put into it with no trouble and reads very fast. The problem is that the drive is using /dev/sda. Neither fdformat or floppy like that. What can I do to format a floppy disk in this drive?
Thanks.

Try "mkdosfs /dev/sda". If that doesn't work you can do what I do with a camera memory I use for data transfer.

cat /dev/sda > flop
mkdosfs flop
cat flop >/dev/sda

-- Once you have their hardware. Never give it back. (The First Rule of Hardware Acquisition) Sam Flory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>