At 04:51 PM 9/8/2003, you wrote:

Hi Ian,

 It's likely being mounted as ext2.   Perhaps your ext3 module is not
being loaded properly?

To find out how it's being mounted to:

mount /dev/hdb1 /traces
mount

The second mount will show you what filesystem was
automatically detected.

If it your filesystem is ext3 but is being mounted with ext2 by
mistake you can try  "insmod ext3"  before trying the mount.
You may need the "-t ext3" option on the mount command line.

After loading the ext3 module you should be able to mount
it as an ext3 filesystem.

Cheers,
Sean

well mount says its ext2. I thought i had formatted it with ext3, but maybe i didnt. If its working as ext2 i dont really care. I dont really know what the difference is between ext2 and ext3. as long as its working i'm happy.

thanks for the help,

Ian