Hi guys,

No, no, I knows that if I runs in "virtual mode" I can't use Geforce driver.

But I only wants to use this driver in "real mode". Under Linux I must use VMware
driver, ok :-)

But Jason, looking at

http://www.vmware.com/support/ws4/doc/disks_dualboot_ws.html#1046312

was the first thing I did it, and it didn't work :-(

I'll try it again.

Regards, and thanks.

On 16 Sep 2003 20:59:08 +0800
Ed Greshko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 20:49, Jason Dixon wrote:
>
> > > C.  Have VMWare boot the "real" installation of XP and use the Video
> > > Hardware directly.
> > >
> > > Step C is not possible.  That is outside of the abilities of VMware.
> >
> > I was hoping someone else would speak up and correct you, but this
> > hasn't happened yet.  Ed, YOU are WRONG.  This can be done.  I've been
> > using raw disk vmware setups with VMWare on dual-boot systems for
> > years.  It looks like their documentation for 4.x is hidden now, but
> > it's still there:
> >
> > http://www.vmware.com/support/ws4/doc/disks_dualboot_ws.html#1046312
> >
> > There are known issues with certain configurations, and it only supports
> > IDE disks, but it WORKS.
>
> Ahhh....I don't think I am wrong....at least not when one looks at the
> scope of the original question being asked.
>
> Yes, you can boot the "real" disks with "raw disks".  However, the
> question was using the "Geforce" video directly.
>
> I do not believe that is supported and based on this paragraph in the
> link you suggest...
>
> The issues arise because the virtual hardware that the operating system
> sees when it is running in a virtual machine is different from the
> physical hardware it sees when it is running directly on the host
> computer. It is as if you were removing the boot drive from one physical
> computer and running the operating system installed there in a second
> computer with a different motherboard, video card and other peripherals
> - then moving it back and forth between the two systems.
>
> That is....when you run it in "real" mode you get the "real" video and
> driver.  But, if you boot even with the "real" raw disks you get the
> VMware Video driver....
>
> Ed
>

> --
> http://www.shorewall.net       Shorewall, for all your firewall needs