On Tuesday 16 September 2003 04:38 pm, James Pifer wrote:
> Sorry if this has been asked before. I'm looking for a PDF converter
> that will run on Linux for a web application. I did some googling and
> found some that did specific things, like postscript to PDF, but not
> enough.
>
> There are some apps that run on Windoze that will convert html, word
> docs, excel docs, text files, JPG,  etc to PDF. I'm trying to find one
> that will do these conversions on a Linux machine or else I'm going to
> be stuck running Windoze.

It's even easier on Linux. You can print anything to a file as postcript file,
and then just convert it to pdf using 'ps2pdf'. You can furthermore automate
that and instead of printing to a file, you can print to a dummy printer and
then pipe it to a script that will convert it to PDF for you.
Check this out:
http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue72/bright.html

if that's what you want, then you're done.

But you mentioned about web application. Are you writing a web application
that will convert data to a PDF? If that's the case, the problem might be
more involved, depends on what scripting language you use to write web
application. Could you be more specific on this?

Hope that helps you get rid of the windoze.

RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Department of Physics and Astronomy