On Tuesday 16 September 2003 06:01 pm, James Pifer wrote:
> Sorry for the late delay. Lost my d*** internet connection. Anyway...
>
> I got a little more information. The web application sticks files in a
> directory that need to be converted, like a before directory . So I need
> a converter to periodically check that directory, convert the files, and
> stick them in another directory, like an after directory.

What *kind* of files? Text files? HTML Files? MS Word document? Excel? What?

In any case (except text file), any application that convert the file needs to
be able to "understand" and open the files, so different kind of files may
need different solution for converting, although some of those may be able to
use the same application to get postcript out of.

You then can write a script that pipe those files to the appropriate apps to
be use to get postscript and then convert it to PDF, and run the script in
cron every several minute.

I doubt also there is a single application that can convert all kind of file
under Windows.

RDB
<snip>
--