On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 02:07:12PM -0500, Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:
> > >I'm still trying to find the time to figured out why neither f-prot nor
> > >MailScanner is catching these.  They've caught other stuff but not this
> > >one.  The attachement has a .exe extension which I block by default, and
> > >not even the attachment is getting stripped.
> > >
> > >Is anybody/everybody else seeing this make it through
> > >MailScanner/f-prot?
> > >
> Are you guys updating your f-prot virus signatures?  My f-prot is catching
> all of this stuff.  My dates are:

Mine is getting automatically updated.  I was running f-prot 4.1.1 (with
the latest signatures) but just updated to 4.2.1 and they're still
getting through.

I think I may have just figured it out.  After the sendmail patch came out,
sendmail was automatically being restarted when it should not have been
- it should have been kicked off from MailScanner.  I'll see if this
clears things up any.  At the rate they've been coming in, I should know
in an hour or less.

Thanks,
   .../Ed
--