Simon Liddington wrote:

>   But this has been a "weird" year for IT, Andreessen said, taking jabs
>   at Microsoft's announcement that Windows was going to be used in the
>   medical industry in devices like heart monitors--"a product that
>   creates its own market (because) you have heart problems just thinking
>   about it"
>
> This could bring new meaning to the term "crash team" in hospitals (UK
> ones at least) - not only will they be bleeped every time someone's
> heart's fails but every time Windows CRASHES too 8-)

This is really terrifying.  How could anyone with the faintest grasp of the
current state of the art in computers be duped into thinking that NT is stable
enough to trust a life to it?  Convincing the USAF that NT is stable was bad
enough.  I hope that this wasn't another expression of the imfamous computer
illiteracy of the medical profession.

Hopefully their heart monitoring software is simple and predictable with
minimal processor load.