Yikes!  This is rather scary.  Maybe each hospital is going to have to budget
for a technical support line:

Caller:  I'm having some problems with my heart!  It's beating irregularly
and I think I need an ambulance!

Hospital Technical Support:  Hmmm...  Why don't you try closing
everything down and rebooting yourself.  Sometimes that works.
Try that and give us a call back if you're still having problems....

> "Beth Gemeny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> >   Thought you all might find this interesting...
> >  http://www.pcworld.com/cgi-bin/database/body.pl?ID=980424133938
>
> I liked this Quote on this web page:
>
>   But this has been a "weird" year for IT, Andreessen said, taking jabs
>   at Microsoft's announcement that Windows was going to be used in the
>   medical industry in devices like heart monitors--"a product that
>   creates its own market (because) you have heart problems just thinking
>   about it"
>
> This could bring new meaning to the term "crash team" in hospitals (UK
> ones at least) - not only will they be bleeped every time someone's
> heart's fails but every time Windows CRASHES too 8-)
>
> Simon
> --
> | Simon Liddington                  |  Tel (home) : +44 (0)1703 346087 |
> | E-Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  Tel (work) : +44 (0)1703 592422 |

Mike Bridge                | "We are all very dependent on
Edmonton, Canada           | technology that doesn't always work"
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      | -Bill Gates, COMDEX 98