Shawn McMahon writes:
> From: Greg Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> >The rest of the tags make extremely annoying messages.  Also, it's funny
> >that HTML proponents never address the addtional size of HTML mail.
>
> But I'll address it again the way we always do:
>
> Mail is tiny.  It's a miniscule fraction of the traffic on the net.
> Doubling or tripling it doesn't amount to a fart in a tornado.

Doubling or tripling of mail size will double or triple the price of
Internet access for those who actually have to pay for their access - e.g.
in those countries, where you pay for local phone calls by the minute (or any
other time unit). That seems rather reckless to me... Hence, there is a very
strong economical interest from some people in keeping mails short.

Thomas