From:   Rich Shepard [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Tuesday, May 12, 1998 11:42 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        RE: RH Linux boot from 2nd drive

At 03:04 PM 5/12/98 -0400, you wrote:

>I am not sure of this, but most BIOS' you cannot boot from a secondary
drive.  The boot drive has to be >primary.  You also have to be sure the
MBR on your primary boot drive does not have either linux or win95 and
>when you install you specify where your boot image lies, ie., when
install, do not chose MBR, but instead
  <snip>

Mike,

  I have three OSes installed: linux on /dev/hdc1, win95 on /dev/hda1 and
DOS7 on /dev/hdb1. Linux will boot from anywhere, but both dos and win95
want to boot from c: and be the only OS in town. The secret's in lilo.conf.
The map-drive command swaps win95 or dos into drive c: before handing
control over to their loaders.

  Works just fine.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President