>       timeout=50
>       image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.32
>               label=linux
>               root=/dev/hdc1
>               read-only
>       other=/dev/hda1
>               label=Win95
>               table=/dev/hda
>
>It looks like what I'd expect, but what do I know? The system always boots
>to Win95 with no menu showing.

  Aha! I'd bet that you installed linux, then win95. Right?

  When you do this, win95 plops itself into the MBR. I tripped over this
once. There is probably a better way to reinstall lilo in the MBR, but what
I did was put the RH 5.0 CD in the drive and go into the install routine.
When it asked something like, "Do you want to install or upgrade?", I said
install. I then accepted the "OK" button for everything (which put nothing
on the drives), until I was asked if I wanted to install lilo. And I did.

  Works fine after this.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.