"Thomas R. Shannon" wrote:

> I just bought a Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop.  I was assured before I
> bought it from them that the hardware was Linux compatible.  They were
> glad to help.  Not finding the proper drivers in Red Hat 6.0, I call
> to ask which to use.  Now that they have my $3000 in pocket I get
> the usual, "We don't support Linux".
>
> Could anyone tell we what drivers to use for the following:
>
> Xircom CardBus Ethernet 10/100+modem 56 (Ethernet card and modem
> combined, not a winmodem)

Dump this card.  From my experience, the CardBus drivers are
really immature at this point.  That goes for Linux and Windoze.

> Rage Mobility-P AGP (english) video card
> Active-matrix color TFT display

This is the card/screen I have on my new 7000.  Take a look at
the following URL to get the modified X server and set up
instructions for this:

http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~steveh/inspiron/

-Brian

--
Brian Moore, Network Manager                e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
NOAA Forecast Systems Lab                   phone:  (303) 497-6289